Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And I'm Current

No news on the diving front.

I've been in Sacramento for a week an a half.  I considered diving while I was out here, but I decided to hang out with friends over the weekend.

Here are my last log entries, which brings the blog up to date.  

    DIVE 1 (North End of Delray Reef):
 Water Temp: 86  Max Depth: 64 FSW  Average Depth: 54 FSW  Current: Mild Southward.  We dropped right between the Delray and Boynton Reef system.  Vis was top to bottom.  Thin layer of       cooler water flowing over the reef.  Buoyancy was good.  Not great.  Only used my hands (for swimming) twice.  Saw two large barracuda.  One large lionfish (why oh why don’t we have a spear...) Tons of tropicals of course, including a huge midnight blue parrotfish.

        Dive # 25
        PSI start: 3400
        PSI end: 800
        Bottom Time:  49 minutes
        Bottom Time to Date: 15:18
        Buddy: Krista Camp

    DIVE 2 (Boynton Ledges):
        Water Temp: 86  Max Depth: 68 FSW  Average Depth: 54 FSW  Current: Mild-Moderate Southward. Current got stronger through out the dive.  Vis was still great, probably around 100’.  We   worked north along the  ledge, against the flow.  Great dive for my buoyancy.  I felt completely in control at all times.  Trim was good.  No sculling.  Yay.  Saw a tiny moray eel in a hole (around three inches long), found a huge lobster, who was not to shy.  If I had a fishing license, he/she would have been dinner.  Highlight was a large school of 3’ish barracuda Cutting across the reef from west to east   about 10’ in front of me.  Great dive.

        Dive # 26
        PSI start: 3400
        PSI end: 800
        Bottom Time:  42 minutes
        Bottom Time to Date: 16:00
        Buddy: Krista Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment